Reservations
507-381-1089
Reservations
  • DSC_0121
  • DSC_0052
  • DSC_0023
  • DSC_0039
  • DSC_0165

Reservations

Reservations

Konsbruck Hotel History

  • mhs00540adj

In 1890, William Konsbruck, a business man moved to St. Peter from Le Sueur in hopes of investing in the hotel business. He bought a building from Henry Hildebrandt. Throughout the 1890’s, Mr. Konsbruck continued to invest in more parts of the building while building additions to the hotel. An article in the St. Peter Herald from 1893, describes the renovations being made, “Wm. Konsbruck is making additional improvement to his hotel and is now engaged in fitting his basement for a barber shop.” Mr. Konsbruck ended up selling the building in 1901 and was leased to several different managers. An article from the Herald in April of 1916, reports “Since he (William) disposed of the place it has lost that prestige and the public will be glad to learn that he has again decided to embark in the business.” Mr. Konsbruck ran the business until his death in 1927. After his death, his wife, Rebecca, and their two daughters, Theresa and Anne, took over the business. They say that the Konsbruck was always a “popular stopping place, famous for its good home cooked meals.” The Konsbruck finally did close in 1930 due to The Great Depression. It is stated that both the daughters continued living in the building until their times of death. Eventually the Red Men Club bought part of the building that was the Konsbruck’s original bar lounge. The Red Men Club is still there to this day. Over the years, there has been many renovations made to the hotel.


  • IMG_7611

The now award winning Konsbruck Hotel, where old world charm meets modern day amenities. Located in historic downtown Saint Peter, has been a fixture since 1895. Both charming and elegant, our hotel was voted "Best Hotel in Southern MN". As well as receiving a five star award of excellence from trip advisor. A truly romantic getaway destination.


We look forward to your stay.

Close